Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Week ends and new life beginnings.

Well ladies and gentlemen,

We did it.

No - we already did that, hence I'm knocked up. But we did that other thing.
Gone to Lake Tahoe and got married. ! Finally !

It was exciting, wonderful, stressful, mind boggling, pure and fascinating all at the same time. And only at one point scary. But I think it's because of my inability to pull my wedding dress zipper up close by myself. And we were trying to keep the tradition and not let him see the dress til the very end.

Location was wonderful, migraine was actually leaving me alone for the ceremony long enough to get tongue tied while repeating some of the vows, and our minister was very kind and understanding.

On the way to Lake Tahoe my migraines were the worst. Apparently change in altitude (equals to less atmospheric pressure) made it absolutely horrendous on blood vessels (makes them dilate). Therefore going up to places for migraineurs is a no-no.

I made it fine however, and despite increased nausea and occasional stress attacks we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

The worst part and at the same time one of the highlights of this get-away was a comedy club where my eyesight was cut by 75% - which with me generally leads to more nausea and incredible sleepiness. Comedians were quite cheerful however so it was no trouble staying awake. Some sugary stuff in form of virgin strawberry daiquiri and some ginger ale later to maintain the insides of my stomach where they belong.

Since my husband and I came back my siblings kept pointing out that I look tired and worn out. Which I feel to a degree. Truthfully this pregnancy has been extremely tiresome for me. My get-away has prevented me from taking some time out for myself and calling UC Davis 24 hour hot line for nurses and asking them about this in specific.
Tomorrow I'll be able to do that just to make sure that I can indeed supplement my prenatal vitamins with something or perhaps change them altogether so that I get more magnesium and calcium and perhaps (this is hearsay) iron - which is supposedly increases energy levels during pregnancy somehow.

Nausea and sharp, yet short headaches right now are main problems. Migraines are not as painful as they can be, but the light show continues as per schedule. This morning was pretty nice since I got about 9 hours of sleep, but still I was much more sensitive to light than usual.
And while I got much more tired throughout the day I'm still feeling okay, with exception of my normal dull ache in my head and light nausea that should be fixed with a tomato sucker.

In lieu of unhappiness and discontent with my migraine Gary and I are excited. Our new life has just begun. We both wonder what this marriage has in store for us. We got a pretty good idea and have great outlook on it. I'm sure we'll do great.

As far as the baby. Still doing fine, gives me just the stomach troubles and keeps me tired - in time this will be fixed. My next appointment with the doc is creeping up on us. Hopefully it will be as insightful as the literature that was given to us at the first appointment.

No comments: