Thursday, June 19, 2008

Migraine's coming.



How do I know my migraine's coming?

Well at first there are many many auras. Which are fun! Later they get only slightly annoying. Things like driving at night becomes extra fun, cause I see things normally aren't there.
Ah.. squiggly line... how I love thee.

Then there's misfiring in my brain, something major. I can tell it's misfiring. And I can tell it's major. Can't quite remember what.

You'd think I remember these little details. My brain seems to be so happy forgetting though...

With pregnancy, definitely nausea.
Pregnancy you say? Nausea?? Naw...

Well, since I can't tell when I'm nauseated due to migraine or when I'm nauseated because what should be rice pudding tastes horribly wrong, it's bit confusing, but it's there so it makes on the list.

Then there's a headache before the headache. It's possible I can get several of these during the week. They're just annoying little things. Come crawling up on my head, nagging at me slightly. I learned to recognize them long ago.

And then... the grand finale.
Either a very tiny man with a very big hammer moves into my head, and pounds away on one side until I at least buckle to my knees on that side.
Or my scalp feels like it wants to dearly depart me.
Or my eyes want to perceive every little bit of information in super great deal and soak in as much light as possible. Along with my ears. Causing most excruciating pain in case any aforementioned info gets through. (Latter just makes me real fun at parties, I name that song before the music goes on :D ... j/k)

And it's usually just a mixture of all of the above.

I received news from the "headache before headache" yesterday, that my dearly beloved migraine is coming back from her tiny vacation she has taken in the first trimester.

Granted I've had some migraines, but their pain level was really laughable.
And since I awoke extra early this morning with my dinner slowly making it back up the pipe, my stomach and neither regions cramping, and my eyes fascinated with that thing called morning sun, I'm guessing my guest is just around the bend.

Hopefully my dinner will stay, however I know I aggravated my stomach last night by eating something out of the ordinary. Home made country fried chicken with corn on the cob, killer mashed potatoes and some family salad. Killer mashed potatoes only because I finally just learned how to make them the right way, (with very moderate butter) and they taste oh so good.

Anyways, I'll try to keep you posted. Last night I felt great, up until I actually did something productive, after which I felt crampy and later simply passed out. So hopefully tonight is a little different.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preggi with migraine is not fun! Contrary to popular opinion (even some docs) you can take some meds during this time to get rid of the headache..get to a neurologist as they might be able to help!

I did and it was the best move of my life.
Good luck..

Kroshka said...

I think I can take Tylenol for it. But things like Immitrex and such I really don't even want to take a chance.

They should put "you'll end up with a kitten instead of a baby" right on the box to begin with.

And thanks :) I'll need it ^.^