Monday, June 30, 2008

Importance of vitamin B during pregnancy


Natural News posted that University of Nottingham, England conducted a research on sheep and found
The embryos from the eggs of B-deficient sheep were significantly more likely to be obese and to experience high blood pressure in adulthood, and the effect was particularly pronounced in males.

Prior research in humans has indicated that women who are deficient in folate (a form of vitamin B-9) during the first 28 days of pregnancy, before signs of pregnancy usually appear, are significantly more likely to bear children who have spinal bifida and ancephaly. Supplementation with folate or folic acid after this time period will have no effect on a child that has already developed a neural tube defect.


While I can't seem to find any more information on this subject so I'll post a picture of a kitten. And ladies - take your vitamins :)

I've missed a couple of magnesiums and such last two days and my migraine hit me upside my head this morning coupled with nightmares.
Yay. -.-

4 comments:

rain gem said...

Not to mention importance on vitamin B complex for migraines.

Kroshka said...

Yeah, i was trying to locate that info, but like i said i got a migraine last night - so my valiant attempt went down the drain. :/
how's it important again :D ?

rain gem said...

google migraine +b2 or migraine +b6, you'll find it.

Kroshka said...

hokay, i'll follow up on this post with some info from that tomorrows.

me sleepy -.-