Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mornings, food and Alice in Wonderland.

It took me a little while to explain adventures of Alice in Wonderland. But alas, I think I am finally victorious. My husband wants to watch the movie.

His desire to understand children and people afflicted with migraines is most commendable.

This morning I woke up with an intense feeling of morning sickness. I took it fairly easy, but my mistake was in not waking up early enough to eat a cracker or two.
When I checked last my weight actually dropped 3lbs instead of gaining any further. I did as the nurse suggested and drank only a while after eating, and didn't eat things that were obviously going to make me puke, however I did stick with something high in both carbohydrates and proteins.

In and Out burger. To be exact. 39gms of carbohydrates and 16gms of protein. With 390 calories intake, it seems a lot, but rest of my day is pretty damn healthy, all that chicken rice soup and what not. Plus I get more water or Gatorade (which has been a godsend during times of my feeling horrible) in between.
Hamburger did leave me parched, since normally I like to digest my food with a liquid of some sort. But I followed through and voila, nausea is at a minimum today.

Granted, as soon as I feel it coming on I have to curb it by eating a little bit more soup or at least a cracker or two.

My migraines were present in form of a sinus pressure immeasurable today and yesterday. Not totally intolerable but still quite annoying.

To add on to the trouble there's also the fact that my allergies are wrecking havoc upon my nose. Half the time I can smell like superman, other times my nose is horribly plugged up and I can barely stand the headache.

Oh well - there was one more thing = I do exercise moderately at least every other day somehow, and today there was the strangest sensation of having my hip grinding away on itself and pain shooting all the way through my left leg and left arm. As strange as that may be - I figure it's just my back going out of whack yet again.

Cramps today were pretty minimal, increasing towards the evening.

That's all for today's report of my daily aches and pains.

No comments: