Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I give up.



In regards to prenatal vitamins and calcium.

Baby Center writes:
Calcium is one of the nutrients that you won't find a full day's supply of in your prenatal vitamin and mineral supplement. Most prenatal vitamins contain between 100 and 200 milligrams (mg) of calcium, but some don't contain any. That's because calcium is a particularly bulky mineral, and the pills are already big enough!


So ladies, due to the fact that non of the vitamins are FDA approved, it's quite possible that we get 0 to "barely enough" calcium in each vitamin. And the fantastic reason is cause they're just too big.

Since there were some studies made on kittens and overdose of vitamin A - it's most likely that the safest way for you to take extra calcium is by combining magnesium and calcium, and taking your daily amount as a supplement to your prenatal vitamins.

Since I got so scared of being pregnant in the beginning I hope low levels of calcium haven't done severe damage to me or the baby. I simply refused to take anything on the side to supplement my prenatal vitamins. Ever since Raingem convinced me to take extra magnesium and calcium - I have been getting better. My mind's a lot clearer now - so after reading the very same articles from the beginning of my pregnancy I finally see the parts that got skipped.

No comments: