Monday, June 23, 2008

Excercise.



"The researchers hypothesized that maternal exercise during pregnancy can have a beneficial effect on fetal cardiac programming by reducing fetal heart rate and increasing heart rate variability. "

posted Paula on Wegohealth.com

“I felt like I didn’t have any energy to do anything, so I lay on the couch and gained a lot of weight. Then, with my second girl, I realize that even if you still didn’t feel that good, you’re still capable of moving about.

A former step aerobics instructor Wendy Beggs was quoted by Wicked Local Burlington

I can totally agree Mrs. Beggs. Nausea is extreme with me, and it seems to drain my body. Least until recently.


Get up and go
Believe it or not, one of the best ways to recover your lost energy is to take some regular exercise. It can also strengthen your muscles to help you carry the extra weight, improve your joints, and make it easier for you to give birth to your baby. If you’ve been keeping fit, then you can continue doing the exercise you usually do as long as you’re comfortable. Don’t suddenly start vigorous activities if you weren’t doing any before – now is not the time to take up rugby! If you go to a class, tell the teacher you’re pregnant. Swimming, yoga and walking are all good pregnancy exercises.

Quoted from Bounty.com a pretty cool website for expecting moms.


So dear friends, apparently rugby and football are out of the question. No worries, there's still gun ranges... J/k

Anyways, it seems like I've been a lazy bum, so definitely should get off my rump and give myself and baby a little bit more exercise.

No comments: