Thursday, July 24, 2008

Peanut butter, midnight cravings, migraines.

It's 2:30am. My migraine is throbbing gently at my left hemisphere. And my current craving is celery with peanut butter. People naturally would associate it with my being pregnant - but in all honesty it's just the opposite.
When I used to work extremely late shifts, my entire day's layout would shift - breakfast would be served around 5pm and dinner around 3am.

It's fatigue. Of course there's a school of thought that when you crave something very much - it's most likely that your body needs it.

So what's in peanut butter? Looks like for two teaspoons of peanut butter you get massive calories, 10g of protein and 10% of your daily iron intake. Yet according to WebMD "Peanut Butter Packs a Healthy Punch"

And on the other hand what's in celery? Has only 10 calories per medium sized stalk, with 1g of protein and virtually no other nutritional value. And of course Happy Juicer is happy to tell us otherwise. Just check out how good celery is for you. You'll never skimp on it again!

Pregnant migraine ladies - pick your snacks carefully. Our sensitive noses, taste buds and other things, rely on our healthy diet. So I say hey, to the 3 o'clock in the morning and retire without my peanut butter. Such is life.

I switched to new vitamins and supplements today. My level of energy lifted dramatically. Although, when moving our junk to the new house - I felt fatigue in my limbs. Could be because my muscles have slowly dissolved into goo.

Right now fatigue is spreading to my brain, so on the very side note - I got my twitter all set up. So now you can catch my unfunny rants on that too. :)

2 comments:

drinkablegarden said...

Hi there,
I completely sympathize with you and the migraines. I'm on preventative medication now and am pleased to be back down to only 2-3days a week of hell. Surprisingly, my migraines disappeared when I was pregnant and they were therefore the best months of my life (despite every other bad pregnancy symptom). Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.. Found you on Twitter. I was having the same vitamin troubles you are when preggo, so invented Glow Mama - the vitamin juice for moms-to-be. Check us out at www.drinktoglow.com
Cheers,
Lucy

Kroshka said...

Thanks for the comment Lucy.

I'll be sure to check your site out. My dilemmas with vitamins are almost at an end. All it amounts to is supplement supplement and supplement some more. Oh and eat healthy.
I'll be sure to look much more closely at your Glow Mama though :)