Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Doctors, magnesium and migraines.

It's quite amusing really. My appointment with my doc was pretty uneventful. As usual my doctor is sweet as a button and seems to genuinely care for her patients. All three of us. Daddy, baby and myself.

Baby's heart rate is at wooping 160 which is prime good thing for him or her apparently, and it moved around quite a bit. In three weeks we get to take a blood test that will tell us if the child falls under more risk for crazy health problems that could spell disaster for any little happy family. And in five weeks I have yet another appointment and then we get to find out whether it's a boy or a girl! Plus the test results.
Which is absolutely awesome. Not sure how it makes any difference really, whether the little tyke is a girl or a boy - but it will be exciting nonetheless. We'll really get to concentrate on the whole "name" thing. And depending on the next house we're moving to - we can figure out the theme for the bedroom. Contemporary Japanese, Steam Punk or perhaps plain ol' industrial. Possibilities are endless, and quite far from our minds at the moment.

My honey and I are just happy that the baby is seemingly healthy. Our doctor asked if I take anything besides vitamins and supplements that I mentioned previously. Of course magnesium had to be added to the list - since I wasn't taking as much of it in the first two months.
To my surprise she asked why I took magnesium. My choice of explanation was that it helps migraines. She wholeheartedly approved the vitamin / mineral route of handling my pains.

Speaking of pains - I wonder if I mentioned having a head splitting one today. Me thinks once I get some more rest - it'll go away or the likes.
So i'll be off and taking care of it.

Good night :)

No comments: