Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's been almost a month! Migraines are back!


We finally moved. And along with the move we lost one kitty, found my migraines and experienced debilitating pains together with my husband. Him being the chronic pain sufferer and myself carrying on the migraine end.

Perhaps in time we'll find a cure for what ails us, but today we try to concentrate on taking all our right vitamins and eating healthier.
My husband actually eats healthier than me at this point because I get too hungry for my own good and start eating anything that's edible. That particular category unfortunately includes fast food, so that might be a reason alone for the increased frequency of my migraines.

Auras are the worst as of late. Permanently blocking my eyesight from anything discernible, making everything one muddy inkblot on top of another color inkblot. Paired with a tiny man stabbing me in the roof of my left side of my head with an ice pick - it's quite an experience.

It's possibly due to the fact that I've been consuming a lot more carbs in the past two - three weeks, also could be the fact that my magnesium intake has been suffering in the last couple of weeks as well.

I'm not exactly sure but definitely going back on track with magnesium and attempting to sleep more often. I hear sleep is actually a cool neat little thing to do in case you want to feel better.

I'm glad to be finally back however, and to make up for my prolonged absence I shall post a picture of a kitten. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ellen S said...

Hi Preggi!

I'm so sorry to hear your Migraines found you again. :( Sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on some potential triggers tho. I really hope you can find the time amongst the chaos to get them straightened out and with any luck, find some relief again.

A month may not sound like much to someone who doesn't have frequent Migraine, but for those of us dealing with the little nasties almost daily, a month sounds HUGE! Congrats on that breakthrough!!

Where there is one, there might be more....!

Ellen Schnakenberg
my WEGO Health Blog