Monday, August 25, 2008

No sleep and a migraine equals to bad temper.

Well we all knew that. Even if we don't have migraines - and don't get enough sleep we're prone to overeat, get tyrannical on our spouses and generally cause mischief on grand scale. Especially if we have to be put in any kind of stress. Like having to stay up the previous night, but not due to an evening of playing out sexual fantasies.

It's quite common however. And I'm pretty sure most pregnant women - especially those who brave working during this stage in their life and have to miss out on sleep - do know just how cranky it makes them.

My morning was just that - horribly wrong. Mood seemed to sweep me with the power of one of those tornadoes from Alabama. I couldn't even stop myself, nor could my honey stop himself, since he was the one in incredible amounts of pain and missing out on all kinds of good sleep the previous night.

Well, heads roll, but love prevails, and it does so with the power of the nap. After sleeping just mere hour or so during the day we were able to gather our brains about us and get on with the day.

However my silly tension headache is still there. And my annoying overproduction of mucus, that's very common during pregnancy to begin with, but also common with cold/allergy season, seems to be choking me out every morning.

Can't breath through my nose after a night of sleep. Can't stand air hitting my face directly - like being near a fan that points straight at me. Have a unique need for cold air in the room, and my ears feel like they're under pressure. Tomorrow I get to talk to my pregnancy doctor about the baby, the elevated test results:

Between 15 and 20 weeks’ gestation, the mother may be given the option to have a screening test for Down syndrome and open neural tube defects, such as spina bifida. Included in the screening panel are tests for alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), unconjugated estriol, and sometimes inhibin A—a marker that turns the triple test into a quad test. This blood screening panel provides an opportunity to assess the risk of these conditions occurring without performing the more invasive amniocentesis procedure.


I'll also run my discomforts by her. All kinds of crap goes into my head and I start thinking negatively. Which in turn isn't good either. Cause I work myself up and then suddenly get a kick from the youngin that sends me into the closest couch mumbling irresponsibly every four letter word I can remember in English.

At any rate, I feel pretty tired, cranky and am craving something extremely hot and spicy. This kid will grow up loving horseradish and hot mustard if I have anything to say about it.

No comments: