Monday, June 23, 2008

Doctor visit, doctor's office, migraines and pregnancy.

Finally!

I got poked, prodded, questioned, and annoyed.

It took me weeks to get ready for this appointment. Finally it came and I got so entranced by auras, that nice doctor with her tired smile and her over caffeinated, but equally as nice busy nurse, were barely noticeable. Well until the poked things painfully like. Then I definitely noticed.

Luckily my hubby was there and kept true to being my wingman, calling out answers on my family history if I spaced out too much, so all was good.

I finally realize that I completely snap out of reality when my auras kick in. It must be a similar effect as to those unfortunates who have to pay for this sort of kick on daily basis.

I am as of today exactly 9 weeks and 4 days along. Seriously - I must have had my instincts kick in like the very day I got pregnant or something. The early pregnancy test is around here somewhere with the date on it. I ought to double check it and see. Just for curiosity sake.

We both got to see baby flip around, his heart-beat going strong. Guess he or she is an energetic kind of kid :) Everything the doctor said and didn’t say led me to believe that everything is well with this pregnancy, and both baby and I are healthy as almonds.

I thwarted my migraine this time around by consuming minimal amount of green tea latte.
Must tell you however, the things that set my auras wild were the ceiling lights in the doctor's office. They always have what could be described as having a paralyzing effect. I should consider bringing some sunglasses with me in next time.
I’ll post the picture up as soon as I get it scanned :)

No comments: